We are aiming to clear the large area opposite the back of the George V pub of nettles and other inappropriate vegetation. We want to eventually return it to a wetland habitat supporting more interesting ground flora, and at the same time make it easier to see and control the Indian Balsam that keeps recurring in this area .
We have just completed our third nettle pulling work party and are seeing the results of our painful efforts. There is still more to do, however we can certainly see where we have been, and have had lots of interest from passers-by.
Search this site
- February 22, 2018 10:00 amJoin Chiltern Rangers coppicing and planting on the Rye
- March 1, 2018 10:00 amAssist Chiltern Rangers with spring clean of the Wye at Pann Mill
- March 9, 2018 10:00 amAssist with Chiltern Rangers hedgrow project on Kingsmead Rec
- March 24, 2018 10:00 amChiltern Soc Rivers & Wetlands Group Spring Meeting
- Kingsmead wetland clearance is progressing October 20, 2017
- Days and days of balsam bashing August 18, 2017
- Water in the Rye Dyke is looking blue/green April 22, 2017
- Next Conservation volunteer work party Sunday 23 April April 10, 2017
- Next conservation work party Tuesday 21st March March 8, 2017
Subscribe to our Site