We are aiming to clear the large area opposite the back of the George V pub of nettles and other inappropriate vegetation. We want to eventually return it to a wetland habitat supporting more interesting ground flora, and at the same time make it easier to see and control the Indian Balsam that keeps recurring in this area .
We have just completed our third nettle pulling work party and are seeing the results of our painful efforts. There is still more to do, however we can certainly see where we have been, and have had lots of interest from passers-by.
Search this site
- June 12, 2018 10:00 amJoin Chiltern Rangers at Wye Dean
- June 16, 2018 12:00 pmWooburn Fete
- October 27, 2018 6:00 pmBats & Lanterns
- Have you said ‘YES’ to Revive the Wye – last chance to do so May 15, 2018
- Have you tried to contact us recently from the website ? April 3, 2018
- Purchase of new tools funded by Friends of the Wye March 30, 2018
- Kingsmead wetland clearance is progressing October 20, 2017
- Days and days of balsam bashing August 18, 2017
Subscribe to our Site