We are aiming to clear the large area opposite the back of the George V pub of nettles and other inappropriate vegetation. We want to eventually return it to a wetland habitat supporting more interesting ground flora, and at the same time make it easier to see and control the Indian Balsam that keeps recurring in this area .
We have just completed our third nettle pulling work party and are seeing the results of our painful efforts. There is still more to do, however we can certainly see where we have been, and have had lots of interest from passers-by.
Search this site
- November 24, 2017 9:30 amConservation volunteer work party at Desboro Rec
- November 26, 2017 10:30 amWalk and talk about Machine Breakers' Riot of 1830
- November 29, 2017 10:30 amWalk and talk about the Machine Breakers' riot of 1830
- Kingsmead wetland clearance is progressing October 20, 2017
- Days and days of balsam bashing August 18, 2017
- Water in the Rye Dyke is looking blue/green April 22, 2017
- Next Conservation volunteer work party Sunday 23 April April 10, 2017
- Next conservation work party Tuesday 21st March March 8, 2017
Subscribe to our Site